Subject: Re: odd scsi disk probing
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/07/2003 14:27:22
On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 08:37:50PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Yes, the verbosity was intended. It's telling you very clearly what it
> needs. Put on the jumper that spins the drive up on poweron.

It used to be silent about this. Nothing is really required, as the driver
will issue a START command anyway.
If the problem is the delay, we could have the drivers print a message when it
sends a start command, but I think having such a long message (which looks like
an error message) in this case is wrong.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>