Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 release date
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/05/2003 15:07:32
>>> I appreciate the need to support the user base indefinitely, but
>>> eventually one expects the legacy stuff to dwindle into effective
>>> insignificance unless we encourage, as we seem to do now, hanging
>>> onto obsolete software.
>> I don't think so.  [...1.4T not supported, not encouraged...]
> Does that mean you don't believe that the legacy stuff is a shrinking
> audience?

No, the "I don't think so" was in response to the parts about
supporting existing user base indefinitely and the "as we seem to do
now".  I do expect legacy stuff (for whatever value of "legacy") to
dwindle into insignificance.

Yes, I wrote unclearly.  My apologies.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign