Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 release date
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2003 04:06:47
On Mar 29,  4:56am, Bill Studenmund wrote:
} On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:34:25AM -0800, Madhu Lakshmanan wrote:
} > I haven't been able to find out the release date for
} > NetBSD 2.0. Does someone have an approximate idea of
} > when it would be available as an official release?
}
} No official release date has been set. I doubt one will be set=20
} until we start the release process.
}
} Personally, I favor, "soon," as pthreads have stablized.

     I seem to recall that this was accomplished by using a hack that
forced all threads in a threaded process to run on the same physical
processor.  That defeats the purpose of having SMP + pthreads.  Have
the problems with running different threads on different physical
processors (simultaneously or not) been solved?

}-- End of excerpt from Bill Studenmund