Subject: Re: Western Digital 250G hard drive
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Ian McIntosh <ianm@cat.co.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2003 08:41:28
Thanks again for all the feedback.

I am quite sure that the airflow issue is a non-issue. When the drive is
connected on
both systems it is out in the open and I don't intend wrapping a parka
around to see what that does :-)......though to see how hot it gets
before failure would be quite fun but expensive.

As an extra thought, I was wondering if the windows system puts the
drive into a sleep mode when not in use whereas the BSD system
doesn't? That would explain the difference and also make sense as the
drive is left as a slave and nothing written to it.

Is this a possibility?

Ian