Subject: Re: Western Digital 250G hard drive
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031203T124248@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2003 13:46:39
wolfgang+gnus20031203T124248@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht)  wrote:
 > Are you sure it just isn't an airflow problem in netbsd computer's
 > case?  I had a drive that ran very hot in one box, but was cool to the
 > touch in another.  Same OS (netsd) in both cases, but a much more
 > restricted airflow in one.

heh.  That reminds me of the time I worked with a guy who had an
HP workstation on his desk, with an external chassis containing
7 Fujitsu disks chained to it.  It made too much noise for his
liking, so he put his parka tightly around the chassis. That made
it quieter, for a little while.  Then it got really loud.

No one ever said engineers were smart.