Subject: Re: Western Digital 250G hard drive
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2003 17:13:25
-current has:

atactl wd0 smart status
SMART supported, SMART enabled
id      value   thresh  crit    collect reliability description
   1     100      60     yes     online  positive    Raw read error rate
   2     137      50     yes     offline positive    Throughput performance
   3     117      24     yes     online  positive    Spin-up time
   4     100       0     no      online  positive    Start/stop count
   5     100       5     yes     online  positive    Reallocated sector count
   7     100      67     yes     online  positive    Seek error rate
   8     134      20     yes     offline positive    Seek time performance
   9      99       0     no      online  positive    Power-on hours count
  10     100      60     yes     online  positive    Spin retry count
  12     100       0     no      online  positive    Device power cycle count
192     100      50     no      online  positive    Power-off retract count
193     100      50     no      online  positive    Load cycle count
194     107       0     no      online  positive    Temperature
196     100       0     no      online  positive    Reallocated event count
197     100       0     no      online  positive    Current pending sector
198     100       0     no      offline positive    Offline uncorrectable
199     200       0     no      online  positive    Ultra DMA CRC error count

But as pointed out, you need to know the vendor specific interpretations. I have
no idea what a temp of "107" is supposed to mean ;)

My 4 WD250s are around:

194     106       0     no      online  positive    Temperature
194     111       0     no      online  positive    Temperature
194     104       0     no      online  positive    Temperature
194     114       0     no      online  positive    Temperature

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)