Subject: Re: Western Digital 250G hard drive
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: None <roberto@redix.it>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2003 08:53:12
> Hi,
>
> I have just purchased a Western Digital 250G hard disk and am using it on
> netBSD 1.5.1
> system. Everything seems to be going fine, but I am worried about the
> drive
> temperature.

I suggest you to take a look at the S.M.A.R.T. (self monitoring and
reporting technology) technology. It is a disk failure predicting tool but
it has an attributes that report the disk temperature.
So you can monitoring it and verify it is in the operating range (look at
your disk specification).

But first of all you should:
 1) verify if your drive support that specification;
 2) and how netbsd can access that info (I've never used, but netbsd
should support it: look at man pages and mailing list)

I hope this will help you...
Bye roberto