Subject: Re: SIGTRAP for traced processes and COMPAT_MACH
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/01/2003 13:31:48
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I implemented my yesterday's proposal (an emulation hooked cheksignal
> function in kpsignal2 and trapsignal), and this works fine. I'm awaiting
> for opinions about this before committing it...

No, this should not be checked in.

Why you don't provide COMPAT_MACH specific sendsig function,
which would take care to send exception instead of signal if appropriate?
Then everything would Just Work without COMPAT_MACH-specific
tweaks in MI (native) path.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-