Subject: re: lwp id in ktrace
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/01/2003 17:27:10
   On Nov 27, 10:08am, mrg@eterna.com.au (matthew green) wrote:

   Yes, by adding a version record. If that record is absent, then we fall
   back to the old code.

   christos

   |    I've been thinking about this, and I cannot see how we can do it easily
   |    in a backwards compatible way. Unfortunately there is no header in the
   |    ktrace.out files so that we can deduce the version (we could add a version
   |    header now though).
   |
   | is there a way to change the output such that old kdump will simply
   | fail gracefully with new input?
   -- End of excerpt from matthew green

i don't think you understood what i asked.  can you make it such
that with:

	- older userland (ktrace/kdump)

	- new kernel

running the old kdump on the new ktrace.out file would cause it
to fail gracefully, rather than report crap.

.mrg.