Subject: Re: postfix broken by AF_LOCAL semantics change
To: Perry E.Metzger <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2003 15:32:28
Perry E.Metzger wrote:
> Herb Peyerl <> writes:
> > Looks like one can build postfix with this:
> >
> Yes, but that only happens in Solaris 2.5.1, several old versions of

2.5.1 or later, I guess.

> Linux, and Dynix. We knew about it while we were doing the debugging
> run that revealed what had happened. ("We" was myself, Roland and
> Viktor Dukhovni.) It is better not to randomly change our API,
> though. Postfix may not be the only thing impacted.

We don't change API.

I don't see anything in the docs suggesting connect() to UNIX
socket wouldn't block. So unfortunately this means app
written such as to depend on non-blocking behaviour is broken.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-