Subject: Re: postfix broken by AF_LOCAL semantics change
To: Perry E.Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2003 15:32:28
Perry E.Metzger wrote:

> Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:
> > Looks like one can build postfix with this:
> >
> > 	#ifdef UNIX_DOMAIN_CONNECT_BLOCKS_FOR_ACCEPT
>
> Yes, but that only happens in Solaris 2.5.1, several old versions of

2.5.1 or later, I guess.

> Linux, and Dynix. We knew about it while we were doing the debugging
> run that revealed what had happened. ("We" was myself, Roland and
> Viktor Dukhovni.) It is better not to randomly change our API,
> though. Postfix may not be the only thing impacted.

We don't change API.

I don't see anything in the docs suggesting connect() to UNIX
socket wouldn't block. So unfortunately this means app
written such as to depend on non-blocking behaviour is broken.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-