Subject: Re: execve call from Linux emul to NetBSD native problem ?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: None <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/24/2003 16:53:10
Selon Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>:

> Is it setting it to "nil" or just "". If it is just "", we could
consider
> fixing our LD_PRELOAD to ignore it.

The "offending" lines look like this :

#OPERA_LD_PRELOAD="${LD_PRELOAD}"
#export OPERA_LD_PRELOAD

Stange enough, this seems to both setenv OPERA_LD_PRELOAD and
LD_PRELOAD to (nil), that is to say "" or (char *) 0 :) Remember lisp
and (nil) ? ;)

> | PS : by the way, the LD_DEBUG variable seems to have no effect. I
have
> | the debug output with or without it.

> That is not supposed to work this way. There should be no output
unless
> LD_DEBUG is set. ISTR it was this way four years ago.

I'll try on my personal machine tonight, but I doubt having a different
behaviour. By the way, I had also to comment out the line :

DPADD+=	${CLIBOBJ}/libc_pic.a

in order to make ld.so_elf individually.

Vincent