Subject: Re: Presence of one disk trashes another
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/20/2003 07:39:53
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> On November 1, 2003 11:44 pm, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > You need the "new" AHC driver (or FreeBSD :-).
> >
> > Using suggestions from Lucio De Re and Pascal Renauld I've back-ported
> > the new AHC driver from -current to the netbsd-1-6 branch.  The porting
> > effort was "extremely painless".  :-)
>
> Our company has decided against making source changes to production servers
> this close to our busiest season so we are going to be looking to upgrade in
> the new year.  I had asked about doing a pullup request for these changes but
> other than Greg's "vote" no one spoke up.  I looked at the releng page to see
> if I could do it but it requires that the requestor have done the actual
> changes and tested it personally.  Since I have not done that I wonder if
> anyone else has.  Certainly the person or persons who did the changes should
> be able to make the request.

In the same thread, fvdl said he has looking at preparing a pull-up
request. The bug I was concerned about is now fixed, but there are a
handful of PR's still unresolved on the new driver. (Search the bugs
databse for "ahc".)

> Perhaps someone has already made the request.  Is there someplace I can look
> to view outstanding requests?

http://releng.netbsd.org

You'll see that most of the requests are stalled until after 1.6.2 is
cut, as it's evidently very close, so there's no point in rushing in a
pull-up request. Once it's made, you can always pull-up the identified
changes to your own sources in the same way that releng does, if you
don't want to track "netbsd-1-6".

Frederick