Subject: Adding opencrypto, crypto acceelerator to GENERIC kernels?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/18/2003 13:31:21
Barring some recent instability in AES, opencrypto is now stable, and
has had several independent eyes look it over. I propose to add both
opencrypto and the PCI-attached crypto accelerator drivers to the i386
GENERIC kernel.

Sometime about now, I'd like to add opencrypto (and hardware
accelerators, where appropriate) to all platforms, but I dont have
good access to non-i386 hardware for testing.  OTOH, features not
added don't get exercised. I'd like to see stock NetBSD 2.0 kernels
take advantage of hardware crpyto accelerators (if present), for
OPenSSL, OpenSSH, Kerberos 5, usw.  fWhat's the general opinion on that?