Subject: Re: PR kern/20191, plea for fix in 1.6.2!
To: Nicolai Stevens <nicolai_stevens@yahoo.com>
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr@ozemail.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/16/2003 22:22:01
On Sunday, Nov 16, 2003, at 12:58 Australia/Sydney, Nicolai Stevens
wrote:

> I noticed that the release process for 1.6.2 has begun
> and is in the release candidate stage.  However, it
> doesn't look like there has been any fix committed to
> the branch for the RAID5/low kernel memory lockup
> described in PR 20191.  I seem to be running across
> this crash/hang quite often on one particular
> production server.  There is a yet uncommitted patch
> attached to the PR.  Is there any chance this patch
> can be merged into 1.6.2 before release time?

Ahh, no, I don't think so. That ugly, gross hack doesn't qualify as
a patch... and may only be working on my system out of pure luck (or,
at least due to my specific RAID 5 layout).

I know, we need a real fix. Any and all diffs welcome...

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA