Subject: opencrypto panics when calling AES?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2003 17:29:46
I resynched a system with -current and now anytime I try to issue
opencrypto AES operations from userspace, I immediately get a kernel
panic in the Rijndael code. Other crypto transforms (des, 3des,
blowfish) work just fine.

rijndaelEncrypt(c0a1ffe8, 0, c08ed810, c08ed810, ...) at rijndaelEncrypt+0x296
rijndael_encrypt(c0a1ec00, c08ed810, c08ed810, cb242ca8, 10)
rijndael_128_encrypt(...)
swcr_encdec(...)
swcr_process(...)
crypto_invoke()
crypto_dispatch()
cryptodev_op()
cryptof_ioctl()
sys_ioctl()

I'm sure I can debug this once I get around to it, but I'm working on
something else right now. Did someone change the AES API in the last
month or so, and forget to update opencrypto to match?

Should we get some crypto regression-test tools (e.g., cryptotest)
into the tree?