Subject: modload & /dev/ksyms
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org, netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Hsu, Cheng-Hsin (Cheng-Hsin) <chs@lucent.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2003 10:12:42
Hi All,

	I'm working on a memory-disk based system based on evbarm port.
	I'm trying to modload a .o, however, modload complains the /dev/ksyms doesn't exist and quits. Then, I compile a new kernel with ksyms as well as create the /dev/ksyms node.
	I notice that there is a "missing symbol table" line at bootup, and recognize there is no symbol in my 'netbsd'. I did the following things: (1) set MDSET_NOSTRIP in Makefile to skip symbol strip of kernel. (2) I turn on DEBUG="-g", per some old posts. (3) I set the symbolsize to be non-zero in md code before calling ksyms_init(actually, I set it the same as SYMTAB_SPACE value in conf file).
	Now, I can see "wrong symbol table format". :-(
	Did I miss any step? Thank you!

Regards,
Bear