Subject: Re: kqueue, NOTE_EOF
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2003 10:26:03
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I think the difference is in the default behavior. When you're at EOF, I
> know that poll() will give you a read-availability event, so you'll read
> the EOF. Will kqueue?

AFAIK yes for sockets, not for file descriptor (i.e. descriptor
open to a file on filesystem). Would poll() give you read-availability
event when on end of file on filesystem.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-