Subject: Firewire support in NetBSD 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Krishna Ramanathan <kumar_ramanathan@yahoo.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/08/2003 05:55:24
Hello,
I only recently decided to purchase a DVD writer and,
having little or no space inside my computer cabinet,
i was considering purchasing a Firewire(external)
drive.

I intend to run NetBSD on my machine, so I have the
following questions, I'd greatly appreciate your
taking the time to answer them :

1. Is there Firewire support on NetBSD ? I have 1.6.1
downloaded, I was wondering if Firewire was good in
it.

2. Is the UDF filesystem supported in NetBSD 1.6.1 ?
I read thru' the FAQs, and I see UDF is not yet
supported.

3. How could I, if there was any scope to, contribute
to the Firewire development effort ? I'm sincerely
interested in seeing NetBSD become as
hardware-supportive as possible. how could I go about
providing help in testing/debugging/developing the FW
code ?

4. Also, are there any websites for Firewire/UDF work
on NetBSD that you may be able to point me to ?

Last but not the least, kudos for the great job done
so far...

Best regards,
Kumar