Subject: Re: Printing causes audio output to 'gargle'
To: matthew green <>
From: Antti Kantee <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/05/2003 21:04:49
On Wed Nov 05 2003 at 21:53:29 +1100, matthew green wrote:
> i have an eap in my mac.  i have enabled the EAP_ATTACH_BOTH_DACS
> or whatever it's called option so that i have both audio0 and audio1
> with hardware mixing.  this works mostly fine, except that playing
> on audio1 causes audio0's to have this same garbled effect that i
> think you are seeing.  pooka (who wrote the code to attach both DACs)
> said he was able to reproduce the problem, but he never got around
> to fixing it :)

Yup, I think it's got something to do with this code in
        if (ei->index == EAP_DAC2)
                sic |= EAP_SET_P2_ST_INC(0)
                    | EAP_SET_P2_END_INC(param->precision * param->factor / 8);

.. or so I'd remember that removing it would make audio0 gurgle instantly.
With it, audio starts gargling after playing a little while.

Anyways, by using the second (first, actually ;) dac the problem doesn't
exist at all.

Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
                 "connoisseurs do not chill their malts."