Subject: Re: lockup using 1.6.1, cgd(4), raid(4)
To: Paul Ripke <stix@stix.homeunix.net>
From: None <TeCeEm@gmx.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/05/2003 04:57:31
I am now using the patch in kern/20191 and have started trashing the fs (-o
softdep) hard with simultaneous cp(1)s of the 1.6 source tree and a
multi-gigabyte file in a loop. So far it looks promising. "Free" mem in top(1) goes as
low as 64K and the system is stable. I will leave it running over-night but
I'm confident it won't lock up now.

I will add cgd(4) to the mix later and do some thorough testing before
moving all my data over.

Thank you, Paul