Subject: Re: More pools
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/29/2003 00:43:17
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:08:18PM +0100, Milos Urbanek wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 05:07:14PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> >
> > For credentials we should really merge the pcred and ucred (as used in kernel)
> > structures into a single item.  They both have to change for a setuid
> > binary anyway.
> > (Note that the pcred is never shared - except possibly by irix).
> >

> This was already done in December 2002 by G. McGarry in his private branch.
> I have used this branch while porting the trustedbsd framework from
> freebsd to netbsd. Structs ucred and prcred are merged into struct ucred,
> ucred is allocated from the pool. I'm running kernel with these ucred
> modifications, and with some MAC modules enabled for about 3 months now.

I know - I've made the same set of changes to a kernel tree I have.
(IIRC There are some bugs in the branch, it is also well out of date.)

Unfortunately that tree has some other (unrelated) changes so I can't
just commit it!

Most of the changes are to code that references the fields - so are
mechanical.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk