Subject: Re: More pools
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/28/2003 17:07:14
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:24:22AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The following diff adds pools for credentials, session headers and lockf
> structures.  These appear to be the last of the fixed-sized structures
> that are malloc'd with any serious frequency (at least for my usage
> patterns).

For credentials we should really merge the pcred and ucred (as used in kernel)
structures into a single item.  They both have to change for a setuid
binary anyway.
(Note that the pcred is never shared - except possibly by irix).

IMHO we ought to support indefinite sized cr_groups - so a pool doesn't
work.

I still think we should be fixing malloc() to that it is better than
pool_alloc() though...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk