Subject: Difference between rcons, rasops, wscons
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/28/2003 11:07:24
Hello,

Since all are related to driver - thought of posting it to tech-kern, if it
belongs to other mailing list please mention the same.

I am confused with the following three: rcons, rasops, wscons.

I assume that all are related to console.

Some of the questions that comes to mind:
1. Are all of them independent of each other? Please give some description
as "How".
2. Which of them are outdated implementation?
3. If I want to implement a framebuffer driver, out of these which should I
use.
4. Is there a generic framebuffer driver in NetBSD as it is in Linux.

Is there a FrameBuffer driver for 69030 HiQVideo Chips and Technologies. If
somebody is on to it can they share some inputs.

- Anand

He's the fastest Indian.He's Narain Karthikeyan.
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/tataracing/index.asp Will he make it to F1?