Subject: Re: Interactive performance in -current
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/25/2003 17:29:03
On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:52:39AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:19:57PM +0200, jmmv@menta.net wrote:
> >
> > Some more notes: when this happens, if I run top, I can see that the CPU
> > interrupt state is very high, over 75% (dunno if this has something to do).
>
> Can you see which interrupts rates are high when you see this (systat vm
> will show you this) ?

The highest is "pic0 pin 14" (all others seem to keep a somewhat constant
value).  When XMMS does pauses during playback, that interrupt is over 450
(the maximun I've seen is probably 555, and this was unpacking system sets).
(BTW, what do these numbers mean?)

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>