Subject: Re: Looking for wscons guru to help port-next68k
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/18/2003 17:21:23
>> der Mouse has modified the X server to work NetBSD/next68k 1.4T, but
>> doesn't know how to get wscons to read the keyboard and mouse
>> devices and send them to the X server.
>>> [...]
> But the X server already has code to read the wsmouse.

I see you haven't actually read the patches. :-)

When /dev/nk is opened (which is how the server gets input events), all
keyboard and mouse events get sidetracked there.  I looked briefly at
getting input events through wskbd/wsmouse, but untangling the twisty
little maze of routine calls far enough to figure out how to get input
events was far more hair than just adding in a simple driver to get a
copy of the input events directly.

> What's wrong with that code?

Perhaps nothing.  If someone has an X server ddx layer that reads input
events from wskbd/wsmouse, it may be comparatively easy to rip the
input event code out of that and slap it into my hw/next code in place
of the /dev/nk interface.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign