Subject: Re: newfs: determining file system parameters
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/18/2003 05:27:23
>> Can I inquire, while we're here, *why* a user-tunable cpg has vanished?
> Probably because the value read from the disklabel had a nasty habit
> of being completely wrong.

That's a reason to stop paying attention to the disklabel value, not a
reason to break -c.

> Why do you want to set cpg?

Personally, I like to set it to as large a value as it will let me, so
that as little space as possible is wasted on per-cg guff.  (In my
experience, yes, "wasted" is an appropriate term.  I can't remember the
last time I actually used any alternative[%] superblock aside from the
one in cg 0.)

[%] not not NOT "alternate", whatever fsck's author may have thought!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign