Subject: Re: interleaved disk probing output
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/13/2003 15:15:39
--wj9ZLJVQDRFjGSdK

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:38:30PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:01:24AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>=20
> > Note that by hang in this context you are talking about the kernel neve=
r=20
> > entering single-user mode, as we never fully boot. In that case, what d=
oes=20
> > it matter if com0 is or isn't mentioned? :-)
>=20
> It will give a hint to what's wrong...

No, it won't. Maybe I cut too much context, but the scenario described was=
=20
you have "com0" found but in a message-pending state (we haven't gotten to=
=20
its place in the order yet, whatever that order is). You are now probing=20
sd0, and _it_ has a hardware issue that causes the kernel to not boot.=20

Since sd0 was the next thing to print, and that's where we had the kernel=
=20
issue, I don't see how "com0" not being mentioned will matter. The problem=
=20
is with sd0 and it should be obvious that it's with sd0. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--wj9ZLJVQDRFjGSdK

--wj9ZLJVQDRFjGSdK--