Subject: Re: Changing /dev/zero minor for ARM
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2003 02:34:46
    Date:        Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:18:05 +0100
    From:        Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>

  | Shouln't the diff also check these defines:
  | COMPAT_15 COMPAT_14 COMPAT_13 COMPAT_12
  | bearing in mind that acorn32 is actually older than most people expect.

Without commenting on the proposed change - no, that's not needed, if
you want COMPAT_14 you also MUST have COMPAT_15 (well, actually, not in
that specific case, as there really is no such option) and COMPAT_16
(and if you want COMPAT_12 you must have COMPAT_13 COMPAT_14 and COMPAT_16
as well).

Except, that I believe Matt Thomas fixed things, so that all of this
happens automatically now - if you ask for COMPAT_12 all the other required
ones will just turn on.

kre