Subject: Re: SA_SIGINFO notes
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2003 13:43:52
On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 11:15  AM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> On Oct 7, 10:50am, thorpej@wasabisystems.com (Jason Thorpe) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: SA_SIGINFO notes
>
> Looks good to me. To simplify the code and the amount of patching,
> I would just set in kern/kern_sig.c:
>
> trapsignal() {
>     ksi->ksi_flag = KSI_TRAP;
> }

I thought of this, but trapsignal() takes a const ksiginfo_t *, so I
didn't change it.

> since this will catch the compat case also (for systems that have
> not converted to siginfo yet), and leave the md code alone doing
> memsets. This way, I don't need any of the init macros.

For platforms that are not yet siginfo, the shim trapsignal() already
handles it.  I think it's better to leave trapsignal() taking the const
ksiginfo_t and leaving the init for the code that fills in the
ksiginfo_t.