Subject: Re: SA_SIGINFO notes
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2003 20:20:55
> Here is my patch that takes a stab a solving this problem.  I've

Looks OK.

> correct kind of initialization for the ksiginfo_t for trap handlers.
> Mostly this is replacing a memset() call with a macro call (and adding
> missing initialization of ksiginfo_t to sparc and alpha).

I intentionally omitted the `memset()' in the trap handler because all
fields were set explicitly (I'm aware that I forgot about _errno,
something that I intended to fix).

> 	KSI_TRAP_P()
> 	KSI_KERNEL_P()
> 	KSI_USER_P()

I'm still not sure what sort of knowledge the consumers of KSI_TRAP_P()
(e.g. kpsendsig()) want to establish. Is it `synchronous' vs `a-synchronous'
event that has lead to the delivery of this signal (i.e. something that's
related to the thread's own instruction stream vs. something external)?

If so, what about say a-synchronous memory errors that are not necessarily
related to a thread's execution sequence?

-pk