Subject: Re: [README] MI device major assignment
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2003 12:04:33
David Laight wrote:
> MAKEDEV is a pain in the arse.  Several people (including christos and
> myself) have tried to improve it, but its MD nature and the unnecessary
> differences between the parts that could be MI make it hard work.

I'm working to improve this. Basically there will be MAKEDEV
template and a MD config file. Platform MAKEDEV would be generated
by script using the template and major mapping
from sys/arch/*/conf/majors.* Any new entries would only need
to be added to the template, i.e. on exactly one place.

Jaromir