Subject: Re: kpsignal2 panic
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/03/2003 23:28:28
On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 11:13 PM, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Matt Thomas wrote:
>>> +
>>> +               if (fdp == NULL) {
>>> + #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC
>>> +                       printf("kpsignal1: fdp NULL, proc %d flags
>>> %x\n",
>>> +                              p->p_pid, p->p_flag);
>>> + #endif
>>> +                       return;
>>
>> Looks good to me.  (but you might to move the entire if inside the
>> #ifdef).
>
> Perhaps make it KASSERT().

For the most part, I dislike KASSERT().  It tells you it didn't like
something but you have no easy way to figure out what.  A printf or
panic is very much superior in making the diagnosis.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/