Subject: Re: Speeding up "pstat -T"
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/03/2003 14:07:38
>the tools are already provided.  use login.conf or some other method
>to raise the hard limit.  surely if you understood resource limits
>you'd know what david meant by "fixed".

You're flat wrong there. Fixed means "fixed". Constant means
"constant". Proposing _constant_ limits means _taking those tools away_.

We can all assume David doesn't actually mean that (he isn't barking
mad).  But his language and (based on some of his replies) his usage
assumptions are so vague that it really, truly isn' clear what he
*wants* to propose.