Subject: Re: umass quirk table
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Palle Lyckegaard <palle@lyckegaard.dk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/02/2003 13:37:37
Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

>	i understand your motivation to remove umass quirk table (or quirk table
>	in general), however, apparently there are many problem caused by the
>	removal.  could you address those issues?
>
>	kern/23306
>	kern/23015
>	(could be more)

My Genesys Logic USB Storage Device worked perfectly with rev. 1.36 of
umass_quirk.c, but the changes done in rev. 1.46, 1.49 and 1.54 have
created some problems for this device.

The following is the output from 'dmesg' with rev. 1.56 (current) of
umass_quirks.c

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Genesys Logic USB Storage Device, rev 1.10/1.13, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR

/Palle