Subject: Re: New i2c framework
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2003 16:46:47
On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 09:01  AM, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> In any case, I don't want to gate this on the userland API.  I
> consider that piece a moving target at this point, and it really has
> no direct bearing on the API used within the kernel.

Ok, this has been languishing in my tree for some time due to lack of
any time to work on it.

Requests for testing have been answered, and I appear to not have
broken anything (e.g. TI ThunderLAN still works, acorn32 reportedly
still working).  I'm not going to have time to address the userland i2c
access issue any time soon, so for now I decided to just yank that from
the code completely.  We can burn that bridge later.

I plan on checking the code in soon (like, tonight); several existing
ports could make use of it, and at least a couple of new ones are going
to need it.