Subject: USB/SCSI/SD regression on the 1.6ZC kernel ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2003 17:02:08
Hi,

up to 1.6W, when I plugged my Iomega disk on chip into a USB port,
everything was all right, it appeared as /dev/sd0e.

Starting with 1.6ZC, it is impossible. The device is recognized all
right (umass, sd0) but then :

- either the system hangs at boot when the DoC is already plugged : if I
unplug it, I get those messages repeated a bunch of time :

BBB reset failed, IOERROR
BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
BBB bulk-out clear still failed, IOERROR

Or - on an other machine - the system hangs on mount /dev/sd0e /mnt.
After a long time it displays « Fabricating a geometry », then it seems
to be definitely waiting forever for something.

Any clue ? Any change between 1.6W and 1.6ZC on umass ?

Thanks !
Vincent