Subject: Re: cgd(4) 1.6 backport patch updated
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/2003 23:44:47
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

: I have a need for this on a new system, and didn't feel like running
: current, so I grabbed the 1.6.1 sources, and applied the cgd patch.
:
: I found the following issues after patching:
:
: ./../../../crypto/des/des.h:68: parse error before `u_int32_t'

You need the current 1.6 branch.  No static syssrc.tgz; you need to check
out (from anoncvs) -rnetbsd-1-6.  This is because I'm progressively getting
the changes rolled into the 1.6 branch, and I'm removing those pulled-up
portions from the diffball as I go along.

Note that just hacking these files in src/sys/crypto *will* cause you
errors, because there are other crypto fixes you need that are now on the
netbsd-1-6 branch.

Similarly:

: > dev/cgd.c:90: `DTYPE_CGD' undeclared here (not in a function)

This has also been integrated to the netbsd-1-6 branch.

: The "cgdconfig" program was much harder to build. Wanted the tools directory,
: which wants, the gnu directory, which wants... but maybe I had it configed to do
: cross-compile. Anyway, that built as well.

If you have a full source tree, setting USETOOLS=no on the make command line
will build it.  That will assume that you have the proper includes
installed; alternatively you can try adding -I/path/to/src/include
-I/path/to/src/sys into CPPFLAGS.

: One thing to add to the patch file is perhaps "/dev/MAKEDEV".

See src/etc/etc.${MACHINE}/MAKEDEV.  It's in the diff.

: All working great, great work. Out of curiousity, why is the patch full of
: RCS/*,v files, are they useful generally, in this situation?

It's not.  Those are the CVS files that are behind each real file; it's only
human-readable garbage in the diff to let you know where the diff came from.
patch(1) ignores the "Index: ..." lines.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>