Subject: Re: Mismatched enums in include files
To: None <itojun@itojun.org, darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/2003 01:02:23
> > I haven't heard back so I went ahead and changed all the Pxxx to PF=
Sxxx
> > in src/sys/miscfs/procfs and to KFSxxx in src/sys/miscfs/kernfs.  I=
> > there any place else?  I compiled a kernel with no trouble.  I will=
 go
> > compile userland too.  Should I commit?
>
> 	please, tnx.
> 	there should be no userland affected (except lsof?).  in fact the
> 	enum definition can be encapsulated into #ifdef _KERNEL.

The #ifdef _KERNEL has been introduced in procfs.h, but breaks
usage of that header file by user-land programs because the enum
(now inside the #ifdef) is used in struct pfsnode outside of the
#ifdef, and struct pfsnode is also used later in that file.

The above assumption that no user-land code is affected by this
appears to be wrong -- a recent attempt at compiling the tree
shows that mount_procfs is among the affected.

Regards,

- H=E5vard