Subject: Re: Mismatched enums in include files
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/2003 09:19:38
On Wednesday 24 September 2003 02:05, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > I haven't heard back so I went ahead and changed all the Pxxx to PFSxxx
> > in src/sys/miscfs/procfs and to KFSxxx in src/sys/miscfs/kernfs.  Is
> > there any place else?  I compiled a kernel with no trouble.  I will go
> > compile userland too.  Should I commit?
>
> 	please, tnx.
> 	there should be no userland affected (except lsof?).  in fact the
> 	enum definition can be encapsulated into #ifdef _KERNEL.

Hmm.  Some changes were already made by atatat but I think I will go ahead
with my changes anyway.  He changed Pxxx to Kxxx in kernfs (inconsistently -
Pkern was changed to Kern instead of Kkern) and I think that more description
(KFSxxx and PFSxxx) makes more sense.

Also, I want to change the procfs as well.  That guarantees that nothing was
missed because the old name will fail at compile.  That's just in case there
is a conditional compile somewhere that doesn't get defined in my
environment.

I will also add the #ifdef _KERNEL encapsulation to the procfs header.
Interestingly it was already in the kernfs header.  I wonder why I saw the
conflict in the first place that started this whole thing.  Is it possible
that lsof defines _KERNEL so that it can find those structures?  Anyway, I
think that this makes for cleaner code so I will make these changes.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/