Subject: re: Broadcom BCM4401 driver written
To: Cliff Wright <cliff@vixen.snipe444.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/2003 12:20:24
   I have written a NetBSD driver for the Broadcom BCM4401 pci
   ethernet 10/100 chip used by my Dell Inpiron 8500 laptop.
   The information to write this was obtained from the Linux driver,
   which of course is GPL'd. I will e-mail the author at Broadcom, and see
   if a BSD license is possible for this NetBSD version.
   The driver is fully functional, however does not have vlan, or
   flow control support. I also took the short cut of receiveing all
   multicast. It may not be big-endian machine clean, as I have only
   tested it on my laptop. I used the generic phy driver. I thought
   I would wait to see what response I get from Broadcom before going
   any further, however wanted to mention this in case their is interest.
   	Cliff Wright

excellent!  it will be nice to support the final bit i care about
on the new laptop :)  (besides acpitz & acpibat of course ;-)

.mrg.