Subject: Re: setting up ddb on netbsd 1.6.1 (i386)
To: Sambasiva Rao.B <bsrao@vxindia.veritas.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/24/2003 09:28:53
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Sambasiva Rao.B wrote:

> But on a serial console, sending break not taking into ddb. Does it have
> any thing to do with ttys settings? I have these settings
>
> console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt100 off secure
>
> tty00 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100 on secure local

Yes, in that your settings indicate that the kernel doesn't think you have
a serial console. Yes, there's a serial terminal, but not console. i.e.
with the tty00 line off and the console line on, output goes out the
serial port.

Look at the boot blocks. For 1.6, I think there were special serial
console ones.

Take care,

Bill