Subject: Re: GCC3.3.1 switch coming soon.
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/23/2003 19:57:34
On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 10:48:51PM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> (1) i didn't mean to imply there was anything *wrong* with merging
> stack entries with non-stack entries, but it seems cleaner to avoid it
> if possible.  it's not much cost to manage either.  an extra flag
> here, another simple check there...

ok, if there's no need to special-case stack mappings, then we shouldn't
do so.  it would just be extra complexity for no benefit.

from UVM's standpoint, there's no real difference between the initial stack
for a process and any other amap-backed mapping.  other pthreads will have
their own stacks, and we don't want to treat all of those specially,
so we shouldn't treat the initial stack specially either.

-Chuck