Subject: Re: Mismatched enums in include files
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/23/2003 19:11:32
On Saturday 20 September 2003 22:16, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2003 08:51, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > > As a result, if both files are included in a program (lsof is the one I
> > > am trying to compile)  "Proot" has conflicting definitions.  My
> > > experience with enums has been that you generally identify the value by
> > > prepending something to the elements.  For example, Proot can be
> > > KFS_root in one and PFS_root in the other.  Does this make sense to
> > > others?  How does anyone build lsof from the pkgsrc tree otherwise?
> >
> > 	makes sense to me.  thanks for catching.
>
> Were you going to change it or did you want me to try?  I'm not sure I
> would know every place that I would need to change this.

I haven't heard back so I went ahead and changed all the Pxxx to PFSxxx in
src/sys/miscfs/procfs and to KFSxxx in src/sys/miscfs/kernfs.  Is there any
place else?  I compiled a kernel with no trouble.  I will go compile userland
too.  Should I commit?

BTW, I could have used Kxxx and Pxxx but I figured that if I missed something
it was better to catch the problem at compile time rather than run time.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/