Subject: Porting a modem driver from Linux to NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/16/2003 10:45:55
Hi,

my laptop has a semi-soft modem made by Conexant (ex-Rockwell) for which
there exists a Linux driver made by Linuxant. The DSP part is
(obviously proprietary) given out in ELF .o format. The files seem to
be normally readable by nm or other tools. The rest of the driver, that
is the CPU part (attachment and com driver), is Opensourced.

Therefore, I don't think porting this driver should be impossible. Yet,
I wouldn't want the operation to become a hurdle race. So, before I poke
my nose around the code, has someone already done that kind of job
before ? If yes, what are the main lines to consider ?

Thanks !
Vincent