Subject: Re: pullup request for isp_pci.c
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2003 23:18:07

> Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net> writes:
> > > It's not *that* "expensive".  And it has certainly resulted in a
> > > release branch that is more stable than for previous releases
> > > when we let developers commit at their whim to the it...
> >
> > I am not disputing that. But the incendiary response I got from Matthew
> > Jacob seems to suggest that making the kernel print correct information is
> > more trouble than its worth.
>
> It is usually just a matter of an authorized person (which mjacob is)
> sending the commit log to an appropriate request address. I don't
> understand why that would be a difficult problem for him.

Because it's not always simple. I always test, and as I said in other
mail, the pullup process *doesn't* work well for me. No doubt because
I'm incompetent.

Also, in this case, it's a trivial printf change- it doesn't affect the
actual driver behaviour. I'd be delighted to bundle it with other fixes.