Subject: AW: UltraDMA confusion?!
To: , <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis den Brok <roole@gmx.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/10/2003 07:38:44
> thanks, this looks good.
> It's probably using Ultra/33 because it didn't detect a
> 80-wire cable. Are you sure you have the right cable ?

As far as I can see, I have the right cable. ;)
Further, both Windows XP Professional and NetBSD 1.6.1 tell they are
actually using UDMA100, so I guess it's not a problem with pre-operating
system configuration. The only obvious difference between the boot messages
is that 1.6.1 calls the ide-controller "SiS 5597/5598" while 1.6Z tells
about a "SiS 650", but any numbers are identical (revision etc), so I
suppose that's not the point.