Subject: Re: Changing the BAR of a PCI device at driver load time
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2003 10:19:49
Nathan :

okay, I admit, the fault was partly mine. The variable I read had to be
masked out (because it is used as an offset to access the other
registers), and I had commented that out.

It now works fine with a BAR @ 0x802C0000, changed at driver load time.
I have recovered and tested the ehci code with a USB-2 CD/RW.

However, in the process, I still not have the answer to my question :
why does it not work at 0x80300000 whereas it should. I tried to
brighten the PCI aperture window reprogramming the 82801 registers, and
it failed (I'm not even sure the idoneous register was updated). Could
it be the vicinity within the same megabyte range of a device on PCI bus
2 and another one on PCI bus 1 ?

THX,
Vincent