Subject: Re: SA_SIGINFO patch
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2003 09:47:22
On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 09:30  AM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Not taking sides one way or the other, but: surely someone brought up
> the point that userland trampolines doesn't work[*] for binary
> emulations?
> (consider supporting the "old way", for old nebbsd binaries, as an
> emul...)

Sure.  The kernel still continues to provide the trampoline for
binaries which do not provide their own.  I was quite careful to
maintain compatibility.

I guess the point is that there are already "different paths" (which
really means "multiple small functions that convert the internal
representation to the external representation"), and I just don't see
the issue with continuing to provide the traditional sigcontext "path"
for binaries that do not request siginfo.