Subject: Re: GCC3.3.1 switch coming soon.
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/02/2003 22:49:56
>> >If your kernel configuration has DIAGNOSTIC option, you need following
>> >change:
>>
>> nope.  not me.
>>
>> >Otherwise, please let me know the panic message.
>>
>> i was getting "panic: free: addr 0xc0896fc0 not within kmem_map"
>> regardless of the topdown setting.
>
>cited from kern_malloc.c:
>
>#ifdef DIAGNOSTIC
>	/*
>	 * Ensure that we're free'ing something that we could
>	 * have allocated in the first place.  That is, check
>	 * to see that the address is within kmem_map.
>	 */
>	if (__predict_false((vaddr_t)addr < vm_map_min(kmem_map) ||
>	    (vaddr_t)addr >= vm_map_max(kmem_map)))
>		panic("free: addr %p not within kmem_map", addr);
>#endif

doh!  i was looking at the wrong kernel config.  sigh.

i suppose it explains this change, though.

< #define       min_offset              header.start
< #define       max_offset              header.end
> #define       min_offset              header.end
> #define       max_offset              header.start

okay, i'll try again and get back to you.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."