Subject: Re: Binary only drivers in sys?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/28/2003 01:08:10
On Dec 11,  3:25am, der Mouse wrote:
}
} >>> [...binary-only driver...]  By FCC regulations, [...]
} > They have restrictions, as I understand it, that you can't let out
} > drivers that can tune to inapropriate channels or set the power too
} > high.  While they don't own the driver, they do control the (radio)
} > license the vendor needs to be able to sell the card. :-|
}
} ...in the USA.
}
} Which we all know is all there is to the world. :-|
}
} (Cue "copy protection" pro/con thread.)

     Actually, cue the "security through obscurity doesn't work" thread...

}-- End of excerpt from der Mouse